G Suite Session Timeout Policy
By configuring Session Timeout, you can reduce your Google Apps exposure. Users often leave their computers unattended for extended periods and do not close applications before departing. Therefore, an unauthorized person can easily assume the user's identity within Google Apps.
By setting the session timeout, users get automatically logged out of their application after the specified time frame set by Google Apps admin
Watch Video of Google Apps Session Timeout Feature
- Users often leave their computers unattended for extended periods and do not close applications before departing.
- Therefore, an unauthorized person can easily assume the user's identity within the application.
- Administrators need to provide a mechanism to stop unauthorized access to unattended interactive sessions.
CloudCodes's gControl allows Google Apps administrator to set the session timeout, users are automatically logged out of their application after the specified timeout
- Protects access of corporate mail account from unauthorized usage.
- Set the idle time for all domains end users.
- It gets activated automatically if mail account is in idle state.
- End user's mail account will get automatically logout if no activity is done
HOW IT WORKS
Now go to "SSO1 (gControl) Chrome Extension Settings" tab
- Set idle time from the drop-down
- To notify end user before logging out click on check-box & save it
- Now, when end user logs in to his mail account then they need to install "SSO1 (gControl) Chrome Extension" from marketplace if it is user managed
- If it is "admin managed" then admin need to install SSO1 (gControl) chrome extension from "Admin Console" panel into the domain
- The extension will monitor the idleness of open Google apps tabs
- If no activity is done on chrome browser tabs then extension will end the user's session after certain period of time which set by admin
- End user need to login again.