Identity Management for Cloud Security
Most of the organizations are accelerating towards the cloud-based environment. They are transferring their work either on the private or public cloud platform. But, sometimes, it is a challenging task for all companies to keep data safe and secure in the cloud. Vision and proper strategy these two things are most important for cloud management security. In the modern scenario, customer needs to tackle each program anywhere either on-premises or in the cloud. Therefore, identity management provided by CloudCodes solution can be used in enterprise or cross-network. In this blog, we are going to discuss some advanced features of Identity Management in detail. Before that, let us explore what is identity management in Cloud Computing.
Role of Identity Management in Cloud Security
The Identity management (IM) is a term that refers to information system being used within the enterprise. This represents a systematic management of any single identity and provides authentication, privileges, authorization, and roles of the enterprise boundaries. The main purpose is to upgrade security and productivity by decreasing the total cost, repetitive tasks, and system downtime. An identity management in cloud computing basically covers all type of users who can work with defined devices under different circumstances. Various identity management (IM) services provide the directory integration can be supported by the wired and wireless user. The availability of BYOD makes it time-saving service for the individual user. Further, there are some additional security services, which are mentioned below:
Key Features of Identity Management
Enforce certain security measures using two-factor authentications, which include:
- Authentication with the help of Biometric Authenticator on smart devices and SMS for G-Suite
- Biometric identification for any other SAML cloud-based cloud applications
- Policy-driven enforcement by OU
- Self-service for all end users to roll out easily
Microsoft AD integration permits to maintain only a single source of identity to simplify the Identity management of an Organization. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Full AD integration with cloud-based application that supports SSO and SAML
- True single Sign On experience for end users
- AD becomes an Identity provider for Cloud Application
Few Benefits of Identity Management in Cloud Security
Cloud services offer several advantages over all other traditional products. Go through the following actions to understand few benefits of identity management in cloud computing:
- Enhanced Network Abilities: Identity management (IM) makes it simple in sharing the network capabilities with a complete grid of users who were connected with it.
- Provides an easy collaboration: SaaS protocol is designed and utilized a hub for connecting with all virtual networks of suppliers, distributors, and trading partners.
- Support On-demand improvement: The problem that affects from churn protects organization with cloud-based solution. All experts can be able to provide 24*7 hours support and monitoring, whenever needed.
- Increase Overall Productivity: It is completely known that cloud-based services are configured and hosted by the service providers. This may also get a little or zero hassle either for users or any other clients. As a result, many organizations can improve their overall productivity.
- Centralized Management System: Business users can be able to manage all services and programs at one place with the cloud-based services. An identity management can be done with one click on a single dashboard.
Points to Remember
With the help of CloudCodes Identity Management (IAM) solution, the following points are to be remembered to protect against data leakage:
- Provision or Deprovision user accounts through the single console
- Implementing strong password policy to set password complexity
- With the existing Active Directory (AD) as Identity Provider (IdP) to a system for Active Directory (AD) integration
- Allow Multi-factor authentication service using secret questions, the OTP (One Time Password) is end to the users via SMS or email
- To implement Biometric authentication factors in mobile devices. Example: Using fingerprint as a factor
- Supports the Windows login process for end users
Identity Management in Cloud security solution controls the access to resources within that enterprise system by incorporating user policies and restrictions with the verified identity. This is indeed a great way of controlling information about users on the system. It is possible to identify, manage and control user identities across the entire system by setting up policies. This is undoubtedly a highly intelligent way of handling security of the identities in an enterprise.