CloudCodes Advanced Access Control
Industry giants from the Finance to the Logistics industry, Healthcare to IT and Telecom to KPO and Manufacturing sectors – all are implementing CloudCodes Access Control modules in their working systems for better enterprise security, with IP restriction and Device restriction being the most popular features chosen by most of these firms for advanced access control and enhanced cloud security.
CloudCodes’ Role in the Market
Many firms based in Asia are run by savvy professionals who have in-depth knowledge in the fields of marketing, IT, business development, as well as about the execution of the company’s mission-critical projects. After adopting cloud, especially G Suite, owing to the flexibility of data access they offer, very soon it came to their notice that the current network architecture was not adequate to safeguard crucial company data residing over the cloud. Companies, who had deployed cloud apps, faced the absence of proper security controls and provision to restrict devices, which they were searching for the execution of complete transition to some SaaS productivity-suite. The free access and flexibility of work was the primary reason behind such data security issues creeping in, which we’re putting their confidential data at risk. Data leakage from such an open system was an easy affair.
Challenges After Cloud Adoption
While initially running the cloud services throughout the various working arms of companies, the IT staff was encountering some unforeseen issues with users accessing their email accounts quickly from any devices whatsoever without any of the restrictions. Cloud app’s security control wasn’t that adequate to manage the total protection of data. Thus it did not ensure enterprise security, specifically in cases where data was accessed through specific unmanaged devices. No such policies existed to restrict IP addresses. Most companies had this immediate need to employ some CASB solution that would help them in confining user access through confined user logins only from office networks.
The Security Umbrella of CloudCodes Advanced Access Control
The expert team of CloudCodes ran their CASB solutions through several user cases of managed as well as unmanaged device access. For many such firms resting with data leakage fears, CloudCodes has implemented their CASB solution enabling them to have much better granular control over data. IP restriction and device restriction policies under Advanced Access Control provided those firms with much-needed real-time data security.
- IP Restriction: feature helped many such firms considerably in the management of their devices, thus rendering enhanced cloud security through confined user logins only from office networks. IP restriction feature allows the companies to whitelist their networks/devices being accessible from shared dashboards.
- Device Restriction: Device Restriction policy was also implemented by CloudCodes, which was available in their advanced Access Control solution by binding the MAC address of users with specific devices providing real-time data security from any of the unmanaged devices. This device restriction feature helped those enterprises considerably in the management of their devices, rendering greater protection for browsers, hardware, and also for data-sharing.
- Browser restriction: This feature includes the restriction of end-users from accessing confidential files and folders on any web browser. Access Control in cloud computing ensures users can access business data from browsers specified through policy by the IT admin of an enterprise.
- Geo-fencing: Create virtual work boundaries for your users to prevent unauthorized data access from unidentified locations with the Geo-location restriction / Geo Gencing feature of CloudCodes Access Control in a cloud security solution.
- Time restriction: Time-based access control in cloud computing lets you restrict users from accessing corporate data at odd times or out of office timings. Ensure business data is accessed during specified workdays and time only.
With CloudCodes CASB solution as their extended data security arm, many enterprises have become capable of securing their sensitive information over unmanaged devices. At CloudCodes, enterprise security is of grave importance.