Securing Access By Shared Login – Expert Solution
Nowadays, it is the biggest challenge faced by Enterprise to manage multiple users, isn’t it? Securing Access By Shared Login is the solution.
As the number of employees rises, managing multiple users & shared login in an enterprise may prove to be a complex and time-consuming administrative problem for the IT team.
- More employees mean more per head expenditures in terms of licensed application, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Increasing number of users affect the whole chain of both employees and administrators.
- Employees get slow and delayed services, whereas admin and IT team are always overburdened in solving individual problems.
As a result, various companies are looking for a comprehensive solution to manage authorization and authentication of the system, resources, and applications in a secure manner.
So, what’s the solution? How can you manage your large enterprise effectively and economically without any burden?
Well! CloudCodes out-of-the-box product, SSO1 comes to your rescue in such a situation. It covers the gap very effectively and inexpensively.
- The “Shared Login/Mapping multiple access” feature of SSO1 gives ability to the admin to map or share a single account with multiple users. It helps in cost-cutting and easy administration too. In spite of spending on each and every user in terms of licenses and resources, by using Shared Login, security policies, applied on a particular account, are automatically implemented on all the users associated with it. For clients (or customers), the Shared Login feature is quite beneficial for license based Security policy.
- Apart from direct user mapping, SSO1 also provides user mapping by mapping through the app. Here, the admin needs to select an application and add users or organizational units. For example, this helps in case you want to apply policies to a single department in your company like accounts or sales. Here, the administrator can add employees of particular department in single account say email@example.com and apply policies on it. This is how one account gets shared by multiple users by securing access. Ultimately, it helps in securing your enterprise by SSO1.
- You can also import the CSV contact file to add various users under one organizational unit in a single click. This can restrict users in a chain to access applications that are not of use to them. You can create various roles (such as HR, Sale, Design or Marketing) and assign application as per the role and department.
- Apart from user mapping, SSO1 also presents various other features for cloud security and management. These are browser restriction, Geo Fencing, device restriction, IP restriction, time-based restriction, password policy, AD integration and multifactor authentication. Each of these features adds one after another security fences to your cloud infrastructure.
- Particularly, it would be quite helpful to discuss the self-password and strong password policy that is related to employee’s account management. It’s very common for employees to forget their passwords. Contacting admin and IT department every now and then from various employees to get their password reset is a big headache. By enabling the self-password feature, admin can let employees recover their password by OTP or/and questionnaire option.
- The next great feature is the strong password policy. This empowers the admin to implement various restrictions like password length, special characters, numerical characters, and various cases.
- You can also decide the password expiry time frame to force the employees to change their passwords at certain intervals. It a common experience that people generally prefer an easy and simple password. This often proves to be very risky and weak security glitch for the organization. Breaking such easy-to-predict passwords proves to be a cakewalk to the hackers.
In absence of such ‘mapping of multiple users to single user’ feature, the administrators are burdened with the task of managing passwords and identities of all users across multiple systems. It increases the overhead cost and time to manifolds. Administrators have to take extra pain to synchronize and remember these multiple passwords and identities. The admin ends up wasting his valuable time addressing the failed login attempts and cases of forgotten passwords.
No more procrastination and easy escaping with CloudCodes SSO1 that very easily makes it mandatory to use complex passwords by each and every employee. Through SSO1, you can easily secure enterprise. At present, more than 300 customers and 200,000 active users are using the cloud security services of CloudCodes. It was founded in the year 2011 as a startup. In just a small span of 5 years, it has established a considerable global footprint. Presently it is providing its cloud security service to various enterprises and companies across the globe.