Cloud security is an opportunity to drive the business, improve defenses and reduce security risk. Enforcing cloud security services in cloud computing has been a fruitful outcome, but the network pros must examine the architecture of cloud provider for reliability and security aspect. Security-as-a-service is the subset of Software as a service (SaaS), which allows consumers to host their network security and monitoring practices on hybrid or public cloud, instead of locating them in premises itself.
Explain Cloud Security Services – Are These Important?
In comparison to the on-premises network security, there is a number of benefits of using a Security-as-a-Service solution. One of the major benefits is that it is available in lower costing. It is so because the service eliminates the capital expenditure and the maintenance services purchased either on an individual basis or subscription basis. Apart from this main benefit, security-as-a-service is rapidly to deploy that demands less maintenance costing and is supportable for mobile users too. If the cloud vendors satisfy the SLAs (Service-level agreements), these types of cloud security services are more than enough to replace some of the on-premises security apps.
Preparation to be Done for Cloud-Based Security Services
When an enterprise decides to adopt a cloud security provider, network executives must measure the cloud infrastructure’s viability on which they trust. Make sure to take the security assessments and audits of the cloud-based systems at the selection time of cloud security providers. The entire procedure comprises of following aspects:
- Workstation/server/smartphones compliance assessments
- Assessments of cloud or hypervisor architecture
- Vulnerability assessments of network & system
One has to calculate the results of all the above-enlisted assessment types and then, combine them with an overall value of risk to address the current security status in your firm. Organizations must collaborate with cloud service vendors to ensure that a sufficient amount of encryption algorithms are enforced at their exact location. This will provide Endpoint security to business data from unauthorized access. All critical content of business should be encrypted at the transmit state as well as in the rest state. At the initial stage, companies must learn the data sensitivity level to be secured and analyze the maturity level of encryption products for data transmission on a public or hybrid cloud.
Cloud Security Services Provider Should Offer Backup Plan
Do you know that – Organizations frequently address online strategy for backup and disaster recovery. Customers need to make sure that cloud service providers that offer online security services, should have a disaster recovery or business continuity plan of their own. These strategies must guarantee to continue operations on PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS platforms.
A Safety Tip – Being a responsible online user, it is your responsibility to demand an SLA from CSP. This agreement comprises the backup and recovery plan that is covered under the RTO/RPO section.
What All Should be Present in Cloud Security Service Vendor?
This is actually a good question because the answer to this question comprises of the points that a security-as-a-service vendor should have in them. So, let us read out the following bullets that cover the need of today’s business to achieve prevention against Cyber threats 2020:
- Identity and Access Management – Business network admins have to maintain cloud identity management services to create, handle, and delete the role-based identities, enforce strong passwords, and prefer the use of biometric technologies. A cloud security services provider should render a simplified platform from where it becomes easier for administrators to manage their responsibilities.
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention – This requirement is quite obvious in Cybersecurity service providers, which is capable of detecting threats on its own. Advanced intrusion prevention and detection system enable administrators to perform network traffic inspection, responses over manual or automated intrusions, and behavioral analyses of employees because they are the main cause for internal threats.
- Coded With Email Security Measures – Of course when it’s about cloud security services, it is mandatory to have email security policies already embedded in them. Enterprises have to make sure that this feature is already provided in the shortlisted service provider. If no, immediately reject the security vendor proposal because email security is one of the basic aspects of Cyber protection.
- Security Data & Event Management – Online apps contribute themselves to monitoring and auditing procedure, and these features are core in SIEM. It is accomplished by the events and security data collected from traditional IT security systems (like anti-malware, IDP), network systems, and management systems. Administrators must ensure that the log file data meets particular regulatory and compliance requirements at the time of shifting data to the cloud.
Go for One Managed Security Services Solution
Not only it is about cloud data security, a business has to suffer from other sorts of security challenges in its premises. Therefore, we recommend IT businesses to adopt managed security service vendors who provide IT security solutions with Cybersecurity measures too. They cover all the advanced technologies required to protect data from cloud leakage. But make sure that the points covered in this post are covered in the chosen cloud security services provider.