Moving to Cloud
Several years back, many small and medium businesses had migrated to the cloud after facing a series of disastrous situations with their previous work conditions. Even after spending a fortune on salvaging their factors, many such companies found that their expenditure was going in vain with no substantial improvements. It led them to moving to cloud finally, and since then, there has been no looking back for most of these firms. Most of these benefitted largely and ratcheted up impressive numbers while dominating their domains. Many such migrations happened through the cloud.
Numerous advantages are luring more such firms to join the squad, preferring curtailed expenses, and flexible data access scenarios with enhanced work mobility and reliable IT service.
Security Factors Need to Be Considered
Even after gaining a lot from the cloud, the discussions in most conference rooms in the corporate corridor revolving around running such cloud apps, are very much similar, which deal with compromised data protection and data privacy after adopting cloud. This plan is collectively compelling corporate decision-makers to think over this fallback of moving to cloud as no one wishes to compromise on their data security at any cost. Some factors must be considered before the migration to mitigate such mounting data security concerns.
- Issues with Multi-Tenancy: Almost ironically, the benefit though of by sharing hardware resources at times, might lead to potential risks to clients. There could be some approaching risk of such potential wipe-outs, which may even impact numerous customers simultaneously. Cloud, through its intrinsic nature, might not be capable enough in providing any preferential treatments during the process of recovery. Clients require reception of reassurances guaranteeing data safety, through data destruction, on contract termination.
- Auditing Web-Security Policies: To safeguard organizational data, it is advisable to audit security policies frequently by maintaining an Active Directory, including password changes and security questions. Also, it is advisable to check with the Cloud service providers if they provide an option for API based testing to check for security protocols in place by the existing system. The Cloud service providers must give this facility to its clients so that they can check their storage files on the cloud.
- Timely Intimation of Security Harms: While cloud providers are charged with the responsibility to deal with data security incidents, it is the clients who suffer the breach. So, clients must be updated on time about any such security threatening situations helping them to take any remedial measures instead of letting the incidents manifest into a fiasco of irreparable proportion.
- Smooth Migration: Many firms are adopting various strategies in their journey towards cloud transformational. The new cloud environment, however, must be interoperable with the already existing environment, offering smooth migration and total convenience across all data security features like system for intrusion detection, and internal firewalls, etc.
- Application Safeguard: Physical as well as virtual resources, were always protected in the traditional working environment through access control as well as data protection. Shifting to the cloud does offer a similar control; but, the onus lies with the enterprises in determining their level of user-access-control as well as data protection, as per the specific risks & deployment options that are currently present with the cloud. Multiple layers of security, including user-level security, application as well as data security, would result in a better and secure working environment.
Cloud offers multiple benefits that are difficult to expect from any traditional data center. It also provides organizations those perfect incentives for tremendous growth and greater scalability at much fewer costs. The factors about data safety, however, pose a question at transitions, which is resolved by the security solution providers like CloudCodes, who are leading the market from the front.