Cloud Security Factors
Several years back, many big and small corporate had moved to cloud after facing a series of disastrous situations with their previous work conditions. Even after spending a fortune on salvaging their factors, many such companies found that their expenditure was going in vain with no substantial improvements. This led them to finally migrate to cloud and since then, there has been no looking back for most of these firms. Most of these benefitted largely and ratcheted up impressive numbers while dominating their domains. Many such migrations are among the most significant turnarounds that have been achieved via cloud.
Cloud Computing Benefits
For many corporate houses going cloud, the advantage has been clearly in massive numbers; as cloud rains benefits for them, luring more such firms to join the squad, preferring curtailed expenses and flexible data access scenarios with enhanced work mobility and reliable IT service.
Dark Cloud on Cloud
Even after gaining a lot from cloud, the discussions in most conference rooms in corporate corridor revolving around running such cloud apps, are very much similar, which deal with compromised data security and data privacy after adopting cloud. This agenda is collectively compelling corporate decision makers to think over this fallback of moving to cloud as no one really wishes to compromise on their data security at any cost. Such types of fears usually owe their influence to newsfeeds, which are gradually more dominated by data safety threats than any such innovations. In light of this, some factors must be considered beforehand prior to the migration in order to mitigate such mounting data security concerns.
- Issues with Multi Tenancy: Almost ironically, the benefit thought of by sharing hardware resources at times might lead to potential risks to clients. There could be some approaching risk of such potential wipe-outs, which may even impact numerous customers simultaneously. Cloud through its intrinsic nature might not be capable enough in providing any preferential treatments during the process of recovery. Clients require reception of reassurances guaranteeing data safety, through data destruction, on contract termination.
- Auditing Web-Security Policies: To safeguard organizational data, it is advisable to audit frequently the security policies by maintaining an Active Directory to include changing user passwords frequently and adding security layers like security question setting, etc., to keep track of all authenticated logins, and to filter out any attempts of attempts at unauthorized access against your defined security policies. Also, it is advisable to check with the Cloud service providers if they provide an option for API based testing to check for security protocols in place by the existing system. The Cloud service providers must give this facility to its clients so that they can check their storage files on cloud.
- Timely Intimation of Security Harms: While cloud providers are charged with responsibility to deal with data security incidents, it is actually the clients who suffer the breach. So, clients must be updated on time about any such security threatening situations helping them to take any remedial measures instead of letting the incidents manifest into a fiasco of irreparable proportion.
- Smooth Migration: Many firms are adopting various strategies in their journey towards cloud transformational. The new cloud environment, however, must be interoperable with the already existing environment, offering smooth migration and total convenience across all data security features like system for intrusion detection, and internal firewalls, etc.
- Application Safeguard: Physical as well as virtual resources were always protected in the traditional working environment through access control as well as data protection. Shifting to cloud does offers a similar control; but, the onus lies with the enterprises in determining their level of user-access-control as well as data protection, as per the specific risks & deployment options that are currently present with cloud. Multiple layers of security including user level security, application as well as data-level security would definitely result in better and secured working environment.
Cloud offers multiple benefits that are difficult to expect from any traditional data center. It also offers organizations those perfect incentives for boundless growth and greater scalability at much less costs. The factors about data safety however poses a question mark at cloud transitions, which is best taken care of by the security solution providers like CloudCodes, who are leading the market from the front, giving away useful solutions to take care of such data gaps running in cloud-run enterprises today.