As the organizations look for digital transformation strategy, they must also have a concern about security transformation. The more products, processes, and information move to the cloud, the more opportunities for attackers to get opened. There exist more potential entry points, making it tough for cloud data security executives to address all vulnerabilities and maintain a log of all threats.
Digital platforms are completely translating the environment in the business world. A vast increase can be seen in a number of organizations that are taking over internet-of-things (IoT) devices and shifting their information more on the cloud platforms. The emergence of these creative technologies is also resulting in companies to reimagine traditional company infrastructure and innovate new methods to provide information for development. While the digital transformation strategy represents the range of opportunities to current firms, it also comes up with lots of cloud computing security challenges. A few of the most prevalent are developing security requirements, which come with an increase in the use of digital mediums. As per the recent survey was done by Fortinet, around 85 percent of chief information security officers see the security concerns associated with digital transformation strategy. It is so because it has somewhat a larger effect on their businesses. The digital transformation strategy is notifying Cybersecurity requirements in some fundamental manners. Next comes some of the modifications to be aware of!
Points To Describe Digital Transformation Strategy Changes Security Needs
- Explored Threat Surface – The more programs, processes, and information move into the digital platform, the more gates get opened for attackers to perform their intended threat. There exist more potential entry points, making it tough for security officials to determine the latest vulnerabilities and maintain a log of all attacks. Also, there is potential for attackers to migrate through a business’s network in a lateral manner, once they successfully acquire access to a target’s machine. This means that a business network is as secure as its weakest gate. This becomes more challenging by siloed security products that limit down network visibility.
- Higher Chances for Damage – The possibilities of damage are there because information leakage or hacking is now also a bigger risk than ever before. Information is extremely important for companies in recent days, and more elements are now web-connected. This means that if one element gets hacked, huge chances of hacking for other devices also arises. Some of these elements and technical concepts are involved in core activities. A situation in which an internet threat disrupts some of these tasks can result in severe implications. For example – Hospital equipment, energy grid, and vehicles all have digital elements in them in today’s date. Also, it has been found that big organizations depend majorly on digital technologies which means that more chances of damage due to attack are there in large industries.
- Increased Attacks Sophistication – Not only the attacker’s methods are changing quickly, but they are also becoming day-by-day sophisticated. Cyber hackers can use advanced technology like artificial intelligence system (to perform threat) just like the internet security experts use for protection. One kind of AI-enabled threat, named a polymorphic threat, is a substantial challenge. These kinds of threats can morph for avoiding detection by traditional IT security approaches.
- Limited Business Networks – In previous scenarios, several companies had controlled their network and hosted all their IT elements on-site. Some firms, especially the big ones or those that tackle particularly the confidential infrastructure, still do this. Most organizations, however, make use of some digital programs and might host their services in the cloud. This means now the networks of organizations are not controlled and have connections to the public internet. While these online networks should have security solutions in them that restrict data use. The use of digital platforms gives chance to hackers to develop gaps through defensive solutions and hence, gain access to companies’ networks.
Digital Transformation Strategy Cyber Security Approaches
What updates should the Cybersecurity professionals create to address the digital transformation strategy effects? Following are the points to describe the answer to this question:
- Use of Built-in Security Applications – Use of devices and applications that have in-built security in them is mandatory to have on today’s date. If coding an app, define strong security settings as the default option.
- Weekly Perform Penetration Testing – Enterprises cloud security holders should organize regular penetration testing. This is essentially required to enhance the existing level of cloud security in a business.
- Consolidate the Security Machines – Consolidating security machines contributes to the improvement of visibility over the network and assists in the management of wider attack surfaces.
- Try to Share The Threat Intelligence – If data about a potential attack is uncovered, share it across the company so that every individual could take a step forward to minimize the risk.
Try to Take Control In Your Hand
Of course, there are lots of benefits of cloud computing technology but, equally, there are demerits for the same. In order to avoid demerits and encounter only the positive side of cloud computing technology, enterprises have to majorly focus on the ‘security’ aspect. Digital transformation strategy is a good idea to grow business in today’s date but, it is only possible when Cyber security is taken seriously in companies.