Top TEN Advantages of Cloud Computing
Advantages of cloud computing are many in numbers and it is up to the enterprise to effectively use all those by applying proper CASB solution so that their data remains safe and secure.
Top 10 Advantages of Cloud Computing
Undoubtedly, the cloud offers numerous benefits. But, here we have listed the top 10 advantages of cloud computing as follows:
- Software That Are Updated: In cloud computing technology, the SaaS platform will be able to access the latest version of the cloud software. Also, whenever there is an update, the new features are instantly appended and are made available to the users; thus making it extremely useful and productive. The updated versions get released frequently and the software gets updated automatically with features being continuously added for cloud security also.
- Lesser Numbers of Physical Data Centers: When enterprises adopt cloud technology, they can do away with the physical data centers. Although some physical servers are required for on-premise data and backup, the majority of them get transferred to the cloud. This leads to a decrease in server numbers, cost of software license and staff; thus, reducing the overall IT cost significantly without disturbing the enterprise functioning.
- Flexible Pricing: The cloud computing costs are more flexible when compared to any of the conventional or traditional methods. The server capacity cost and infrastructure cost has to be paid by the enterprise; thus reducing the overall expenditure. When there is overload of data, additional capacity can be provisioned, and when there is no need for more, the additional server space can be de-provisioned. In traditional methods, the extra capacity purchased has to be maintained in its idle state even though it is of no use now.
- Round-the-Clock Availability: The main advantages of cloud computing is that it can be accessed anytime and anywhere. The cloud service providers are capable of rendering their promised services of 100% uptime. The services that are made available to the users are continuously provided and also there is proper internet connectivity. The users are thus benefited to get the applications anytime, anywhere.
- Increased Mobility: The services and applications in the cloud can be accessed from any part in the world. These services are not bound by area and time. Independent of where the accessing person exists, these services are always available to the users and can also be availed through Smartphones or laptops.
- Efficient Collaboration: The collaboration is greatly enhanced by cloud computing, wherein, the groups that are dispersed, can meet virtually and share information real-time through shared storage. This increases the product development service as well as customer service with the projects getting completed in-time without unnecessary delays or lack of partner coordination.
- Cost-Efficient Connexion: With cloud technology, enterprises do not have to spend on facilities, hardware, licenses and other operational cost. But, in traditional storage and processing techniques, there is additional cost involved along with the maintenance cost.
- Reduced Expenses: Whenever any enterprise faces a budget crunch, the costs for cloud computing can be cut down without hampering the productivity. Cloud technology provides for flexible and affordable cost structure that limits the exposure.
- Flexible Capacity: The enterprises can temporarily purchase more server space when needed like for some sales promotion. This reduces server crash risks and the capacity can be decreased when there is no more need. Thus, cloud storage is a flexible facility that can be activated depending on the requirements.
- Facilitated Expansion and Acquisition Activities: When there is some major expansion plan or acquisition activity going on in an enterprise, cloud computing can be used to merge together the data of the firms without any hassle. For traditional computing, the application may take years for migration and decommission before the data centers run on one IT stack.
How Your Business Can Benefit from them?
Here, we have outlined some top advantages of cloud computing. But the peril is cloud security. If enterprises do not have their data properly secured on the cloud, they risk losing their data through breaches and hacks. The enterprises thus have to ensure that they follow the best security techniques by leveraging an efficient CASB solution from an eminent Cloud Access Security Broker like CloudCodes. The CASB solutions have Access Control module with data loss prevention (DLP) policies, Shadow IT management, SSO, MFA and much more to secure the data of enterprises; thus allowing them to take full advantage of cloud technology to boost their growth and productivity.