What Is Shared Drive In Cloud Computing?
Piles of documents, multiple copies of the same content, and limited storage space – all these issues can be solved, and document sharing can be simplified considerably through our Shared Drive solution. Using this, enterprises can streamline document sharing within teams. Deploy the answer and get rid of duplicate content, which is the need of the hour. Also, save user drive space as the ownership of the documents gets transferred to a singular person, as defined by the policy.
Thus, this designated authority of materials propels better cloud security as the ownership of materials rests with a single person, which is usually the department head. Now, with this, only one person is the actual owner of data, and he can quickly authorize or deauthorize permissions for all the users working under his nose on the same set of data elements. This protocol ensures eliminating both data redundancy and data duplicity issues, and at the same time, ensures that only admin-authorized users are granted partial access to selective documents and other data elements as defined by the admin or the department head. It is like assigning accountability in descending order based on organizational hierarchy, and transferring of only partial ownership.
Cloud data security is an issue that crops whenever any cloud-based service is used owing to extensive data exposure. It is an earnest need for corporate houses that they take care of cloud security along with enjoying the myriad benefits of the cloud. Users get extensive storage with the help of CloudCodes Shared Drive feature, created inside Google Drive. Shared Drives belong to the team instead of an individual user in the organization. In short, the ownership of all the documents shifted to the assigned person of the group included in the policy of Shared Drive in cloud computing.
Single Ownership – Multiple Access
Let us take the example where the marketing head of a company can be made the owner of all documents and files relating to the marketing of products and services. The entire marketing team can be given shared drives access by the marketing head so that they can make real-time edits. It eliminates duplicate documents, saves drive space, and also makes it easy to manage data without even downloading it n-number of times on different local drives. When any folder is shared with some team-mate, he/she receives a copy and can work upon it, and the same way multiple other team members can work on the same file/folder at the same time.
Shared Drive Features:
- Save drive space
- Manage shared folder
- Inherit folder permission from the parent
- Helps to manage drive space properly
- Admin has the right to change ownership or move folders inside Shared Drives
Shared Drive Feature By CloudCodes
Shared Drive is an Value add-ons feature that CloudCodes provides to its end-user enterprises. It is deployed to save storage space, avoid duplicates of content, and simplify storage. This feature saves a lot of space on the network drive by reducing the photocopies of documents and restricts users also from creating multiple copies of documents. This hallmark feature of our solution allows transfer ownership from an individual to another individual and gives access to various users of any particular team working on the same document. If any users edit the document, this feature will capture all details of the user and highlight the changes done by that user in real-time. Moreover, a user can save the document if he or she is authorized to do so.
Benefits of Shared Drive for Cloud Computing
There are many reasons due to which Shared Drive is essential. Some of the main benefits are discussed below:
- Increase the Availability of Data: Shared drives software decrease the chances of downtime as the data stored in it is independent of computing resources. Also, server components degradation does not impose any impact on the data itself. It also allows users to migrate a physical server to another server by allowing Virtual Machines accessing the latest information because it was stored on the shared storage system. This will automatically increase the availability of data.
- Offer Central Management & Simplicity: It works as a pool of storage to handle that is operationally easier, as compared to the control data storage server by server. This can quickly improve the performance, and the size can easily be provisioned and exposed to the application that requires them.
- High-Performance Levels: The shared drive software is designed to meet the most desired storage demands by providing ultra-fast input or output rates and low latency, which increases the performance of all-SSD levels.