Why Hybrid Cloud Security is Important?
There are several IT managers who are confused while preparing and monitoring their business cloud platforms. They are in a troubling state of mind while shifting their work to the hybrid environment because it is difficult to make the hybrid cloud as clean and efficient as possible. Therefore, here we came with this informative post is to guide the use and tricks of hybrid cloud security solutions. It will enable readers to make the best out of the cloud and achieve growth in their business through trending technology in a protective manner.
Hybrid Cloud Security Solutions
a few years ago, company predictors said that once organizations plan to shift their work to the cloud, first they have to create a public cloud and then, append public cloud services. But in actual this thing didn’t happen. Organizations directly jumped into the hybrid cloud at a rapid speed. Gartner’s research predicted that 90% of enterprises would be having capabilities of hybrid cloud security solutions, architecture, and management by the year 2021. However, any of the ongoing trends come with other consequences and the same is with the hybrid cloud. This leads to opening doors for Cyberthreat to occur in a business, if keen eyes are not kept on the online business data.
Hybrid Cloud Security Best Practices To Secure Enterprise Data
The latest study found that only 30% of the hybrid cloud security executives are working with unified security products. These tools are the ones that span traditional IT infrastructure and off-premises environment. The majority of the organizations are hot on their heels, after the adoption of AWS and Azure email platforms. Well coming back to the topic that how to build a secure enterprise hybrid cloud? The answer to this question comprises of the following 6 hybrid cloud security best practices:
- Real-Time Data Monitoring – Data visibility is a core part of prevention against cloud security threats. Industries should be having a solution, which provides them real-time visibility of business content. This will help administrators to determine the business files used by employees for any sort of purpose. When this solution is available, it is the responsibility of the administrator to regularly view the business content and checks employee’s behavior towards it.
- System Intelligence – Predictive analytic allows the environment to assume the modification’s outcome. It is like an automated machine learning solution, which works on the basis of prior user activities. Also, a ‘what-if’ kind of analysis is also available for configuration and OS to compete against today’s cyber attack. Hybrid cloud security solutions should be capable of fetching content from 3rd parties through APIs for creating a more correlated change in view. Some clients describe this entire scenario as a ‘virtual whiteboard’.
- Deep Discovery – Now it is a regular need to have a cloud information security approach that identifies existing and new operations in the business. It should be having the power to rapidly adopt changes with the existing workloads over several CSPs. This procedure of discovery should be easy and simple, rendering existing AuthN and AuthZ policies to avoid the creating of a special Identity and Access Management (IAM) policy every time.
- Flexibility – The ability for spanning several workload platforms like IaaS, PaaS, containers, virtual containers, etc., and their easy implementation, is an integral part of medium-sized enterprises. Initial deploying on-premise means that the same products and services will be extending into the cloud. This secure enterprise hybrid cloud approach states that environmental architecture has been thought from the starting of the hybrid platform. Flexibility comprises installation ease from the marketplace of cloud service providers.
- Extensible – Developers user-friendly API opens the environment to external data components and items like PAM, security information and event management, logging, user and entity behavior analytic, IAM, etc. This out-of-the-box ability of cloud and API is mandatory to fit into business core applications. Application programming interface enables consolidation into continuous integration and deployment (CI-CD) of the business process. Of course, this relates to the support for lifecycle container, which encompasses the container runtimes, images, and orchestration.
- Responsiveness – The threat of today’s digitization scenarios quickly mixes up themselves with the targeted data just on one command. This means that effective cloud data security measures should take minimum time in implementation and duration to baseline. The solution to secure enterprise hybrid cloud should be capable enough to identify the posture changes. A microservices-based infrastructure is required to scale elasticity and, an agent-less infrastructure is required to adapt containers and function-based workload in the proper manner. The solution should be having the ability to eliminate ‘agent bloat’, which affects the memory, input/output, and central processing units.
In order to achieve a secure enterprise environment with the help of hybrid cloud security solutions, organizations can either apply cloud security best practices on their own or go for cloud security vendors. The role of these vendors is to provide security-as-a-service (SaaS), aiming at the security of a business’s client content. Day and night employees of these service providers keep a constant eye on the client’s data and whenever a threat is detected, immediate action takes place. Enterprises can now take help from these CASB solution providers and then, focus on innovative ideas to grow their business with cloud computing.