The endpoint security has been considered as a core strategy to secure company data assets still, several people have some misconceptions in their mind regarding digital workplace security. The growth of latest collaborative digital premises means an increase in number of mobile users or in use of BYoD devices within a company. This is the major reason due to which endpoint network security has become an essential plan to secure company data assets, but there are several misconceptions regarding the same. First of all its time clear them all and for this, CloudCodes is taking an initiative by delivering this post on major 5 myths that public have about digital workplace security.
Time to Read Out the 5 Common Digital Workplace Security Myths
- PC’s Antivirus Apps Are Enough For Us – Installing Window’s antivirus apps on computer systems is enough for people to secure cloud data. This misconception is really a wrong concern that end users have because these antivirus products don’t provide any Cyber security. These antivirus applications only provide protection against malware of every kind on your PC. Antivirus apps are not at all responsible for the security of the data stored on the business network. Also, in case antivirus security is not updated on daily basis or you don’t perform daily security scans, the current malware iteration could sneak in without any information. The same thing goes with periodic updates of operating systems from each device’s vendor – vendors are responsible for creation of an app or OS; its your responsibility to secure it from your end. Internet hackers’ approaches are now becoming sophisticated regularly, which can’t be addressed by simple firewalls and other basic security components.
- Endpoint Security Decreases the Workflow – You might have heard about rigorous products for endpoint security get in the workflow because they decrease the application’s performance or interrupt users from performing their work. This misconception in digital workplace security probably arose because of the incorrect execution or wrong configuration settings of security utilities. The best endpoint security products are particularly programmed to offer essential security levels that don’t affect the user productivity or his / her workflow.
- Few Protective Apps Are Better Than None – If users were known with a burglary, they would not protect their front door but unable to achieve their home security system. Different layers of protection are more effective – This is a popular statement that is known to everybody. A single layered measure of endpoint security is also the one of the best, and particularly comprises of several elements like strong user authentication standards, network security, end-user training, and disaster recovery policies.
- All Endpoints of the Network Are Covered – This digital workplace security myth says that even if users diligently enforce security patches and implement a strong defense-in-depth solution, don’t expect that you have your security covered. None of the organizations are hackproof. Attackers give their best in discovering new tricks to perform exploitation on the target’s PC or harm the victim’s computer. Still in today’s world of digitization businesses are not prepared with the consequences of data breach incidents. They should always imagine that data breach will occur in next few minutes and then, accordingly implement cloud security solutions. Continuous data monitoring and strengthening of security architecture is required to achieve security of cloud data.
- We’re Never Going To Be On the Target – Large or popular industries that get hacked make news most often due to which it seems as if only large companies are on the target of hackers. This is an extremely wrong misconception about digital workplace security that people have in their mind. Cyber criminals actually target small firms at an initial level with lots of attempts to target a large company – in hopes of receiving access to the bigger organizations. For example – In the year 2016, attackers hacked a small HVAC service firm and acquired access over all credit card details in a main retailer’s point-of-scale machine.
Time to Eliminate These Myths And Be Practical
Myths usually occur because people think or hear too much about a particular aspect. They believe these myths in such a way that they prefer to ignore the good things; instead of knowing their actual existence. The same case is with digital workflow security where people have lots of misconceptions about this topic and which are completely of no use. We have done our work to aware you guys but, its now your time to remove an invisible blind fold from your eyes and become an aware & active cloud user.