Data Control Policies for Google Drive Security
Supreme work flexibility, much decreased overhead costs and enhanced collaborations; it is no wonder that cloud computing, particularly Google Drive, has become the leading business tools of modern corporate entities. This trend is growing and is projected to grow further in the forthcoming years. As per Cisco-Global-Cloud-Index, around 78% of workload would be processed by global cloud-based data centers by the year 2018. It is perhaps the right amount of data! But talking about Google Drive security, in particular, it is a thing of concern for many enterprises today. Google Drive Security is ascertained through data control policies that can be imposed by companies, wherein, admin can restrict users from free cloud data access. Data Loss Prevention i.e. DLP for Google Drive security is a great way to address issues germinating from best practices & provide complete cloud security for Enterprises.
Use DLP for Drive to Prevent Data Loss
Data Loss Prevention (DLP) techniques have been very successful in addressing such issues, and this comes as a part of the cloud security module of CASB vendors. Letting the data leak into malicious hands and seep into insecure zones is something that enterprises cannot afford to ignore, and thus CASB is the only hope here. CloudCodes DLP for Google Drive security is a great way to address issues germinating from cloud computing practices.
Data control is done for avoiding any unauthorized transmissions of sensitive data, and critical organizational info outside office networks through the use of personal Gmail accounts and other such free access practiced under cloud work scenarios. Data Control is a part of DLP, from where admin can define security categories. The sudden thought to block Google Drive use is something that is not at all practical owing to the numerous benefits enjoyed through it. Therefore, the CASB solution is the need of the hour!
Google Drive Security
In the Idle Timeout Internal, the admin can set hours and minutes for the session timeout policy. If the system remains idle for that particular time, then the user would be logged out of that machine automatically. For Session Duration, admin can set the session logout for users as well as for organizational units. The system would automatically be logged out from CloudCodes for Business.
Data Control for G Suite
Under the G Suite section of Data Control, there are checkboxes available for None, Track as well as Block, which is as follows:
- Personal Gmail Option: For this option, only the boxes for None and Block are given. The checkbox for Track is not provided, especially for this Personal Gmail option, and this means that admin can only block or unblock Personal Gmail inside office premises. If, for Personal Gmail, Block checkbox is checked, then it will block user access to their personal Gmail inside office networks. This Gmail block policy can either be applied for individual users or for organization units. The plans for Personal Gmail block are imposed for restricting enterprise users from accessing their personal Gmail while from the office premises. It is done for avoiding unauthorized data transmissions of critical organizational info outside office networks through the use of these personal Gmail accounts.
- Download Option: Appropriate checkboxes for Data security policies, users are allowed to upload their G-suite documents to any of the sites or any of the locations, but they won’t be allowed to download those same documents outside that company’s cloud networks.
- External Sharing Option: With the use of appropriate checkboxes, users of an enterprise can either be tracked for any malicious attempts made towards external sharing of data outside of the company’s cloud network.
- Delete Option: With the use of appropriate checkboxes, users of cloud-based enterprises can be tracked/blocked for any undefined attempts made towards the deletion of any sensitive data that is sitting over the cloud networks of those firms.
- Access OU Sharing Option: Users can easily track or block for any of the improper attempts made towards sharing of sensitive data and confidential information that they might be trying to share amongst enterprise OUs.
CloudCodes DLP For Google Drive Security
Well, the flexible working style extended by Google Apps like Gmail, Google Drive, etc., also known as G Suite, has given rise to more productive, collaborative, and enhanced results in organizations. But it is an organization’s responsibility to secure all the endpoints of the data – stored, in use or transit, within and outside the organization with regulated policies and compliance.
CloudCodes DLP in cloud computing helps the organization in monitoring, tracking, and preventing business data on the cloud, while in use, in motion or at rest. To avoid data breach or data loss from cloud apps like G Suite, Office 365, Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, etc., CloudCodes DLP solution also helps businesses adhere to compliances like PII, PHI, PCI, HIPAA, etc.