The top cloud computing trends make the case clear that the industry is well aware of cloud computing benefits and is also becoming aware of the cloud computing security risks too.
Top 10 Cloud Computing Trends 2020 as Per CloudCodes Survey
If we dwell on the emerging future trends in cloud computing 2020 statistics as per a survey conducted by CloudCodes, a picture emerges of how enterprises are becoming aware of the cloud computing security risks and their preference for a complete CASB solution.
- Firms Prefer Multi-Cloud Tenant: Even though the hybrid strategy decreased by 7% from 2017, 81% of the enterprises still opt for a multi-cloud strategy. This means that enterprises still opt for the public as well as private cloud models when it comes to cloud computing due to the vast benefit it offers and it is cost-effective.
- Cloud Utilization for Enterprises: It is no shock that 92% of the firms use public cloud which has increased from the percentage last year. 96% of the respondents either use a public or private cloud for their work and the public-private cloud adoption has definitely gained an upper hand.
- Preference for Public Cloud: The preference for the public cloud has increased from 29% in 2017 to 38% in 2018. There are enterprises that still prefer the hybrid cloud, but their numbers have decreased from 50% to 45% this year in the cloud computing advancement.
- Physical Servers Are Vanishing from WorkSpaces: With the public cloud leveraging the services to include general storage, networking services, and computing, there is a 75% growth in server-less technique from the previous year. The container-as-a-service trend increased by 36% from 14% to 19% this year.
- Raise in Public Storage Cost: The big organizations have spent nearly $6 million per year for utilizing public cloud services. Around 13% of the surveyed respondents have quickly adapted to the increase in the cost of public cloud storage and are now adding it to the list of their IT budgets.
- The hiring of Central Cloud Team: The enterprises are quick to adopt the cloud-first strategies and have actively hired a team for the cloud or a “center of excellence”’ for the same. The central cloud team provides the resources and flexibility exercises for the management controls thus eliminating the cloud breach risks. As of the top cloud technologies 2020, 44% of the firms have been proactive in their central cloud team hiring.
- High Cost Involved in Cloud Implementation: The firms have had a tough challenge in managing the cloud resources. Often, they purchase more resources than needed and end up with waste cloud storage. The firms seek more control access over the cost of the cloud.
- Demand for Configuration Tools: The automation and standardization in the program servers needs the deployment of configuration management software. Enterprises are quick to realize its potential and shop for efficient ones.
- Popular Cloud Providers Have Grown Quickly and Constantly: There are cloud providers like AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google who have been at the forefront of providing good cloud services to customers. AWS has increased its customer base from 57% to 64% in 2018. Microsoft Azure also increased its customers in cloud adoption up from 43% to 58% this year. Many of the surveyed correspondents showed an increased interest in Google offerings also.
- All Round Increase in the Adoption of Private Cloud: The new developments in cloud computing 2020 speaks volumes about the like for private cloud among the enterprises. Vmware vSphere was the leading private cloud service provider with an increase in private cloud services from 42% to 50% this year. There were continuous interests by the respondents for the vSphere environment in the form of private cloud computing.
The recent trends in cloud computing is a clear indication of the inclination of the enterprises in using cloud technology to its full advantage. This generation is fully aware of the latest in cloud technology and knows the benefits of using it. For keeping their data safe, they are adopting the best practices in cloud computing security. But there are gaps in the industry where the benefits of using efficient cloud security tools like Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) are still unknown and spreading awareness for it is the need of the hour.