When it comes to sensitive data, many organizations have their procedures and criteria regarding processing, formats, storage, and other factors. Simple Data Loss Prevention (DLP) capabilities often do not cover all of an organization’s sensitive data, which results in many false positives, which may lead to the use of more sophisticated DLP features provided by a cloud DLP vendor to meet the organization’s unique requirements.
Data Loss Prevention in the Cloud
Discover, identify, and secure the most critical data with a fully managed service. Cloud DLP gives you access to a powerful forum for inspecting, classifying, and de-identifying sensitive data. Cloud DLP consists of the following:
· Go to the console.
· Inspect your data to obtain valuable insights and make informed decisions to protect your data.
· Effectively minimize data risk with de-identification strategies like masking and tokenization.
· Seamlessly inspect and convert structured and unstructured data.
· Approximately 120 built-in attribute (or “infoType”) indicators.
· Custom infoType detectors can be created using dictionaries, regular expressions, and contextual elements.
· Redaction, masking, format-preserving encryption, date-shifting, and other de-identification techniques are used.
· The ability to identify sensitive data in data streams, structured text, and files stored in storage repositories like Cloud Storage and BigQuery, and even photos, pictures.
· Analyze structured data to determine the probability of re-identification, including calculating metrics such as k-anonymity, l-diversity, and others.
Top Question to Ask Your Cloud DLP Vendor
Here Is The Top Question You Need to Ask: Is The DLP Capability Included Robust Enough to Satisfy the Organization’s Specific Criteria for Confidential Data While Also Reducing False Positives?
· It is important to find and secure confidential content through cloud platforms. Many organizations, even those that are highly regulated, have sensitive data that is not found in predefined DLP profiles. To meet these organizational needs, and reduce the ambiguity of rules, and the number of false positives, CASBs must provide advanced DLP features such as exact match, document fingerprinting, and the support for the various custom keyword(s) with their weight dictionaries, and much more.
· You must check for: Support for 3,000+ language-independent data identifiers, 1000+ file forms, proximity analysis, volume thresholds, foreign double-byte characters, document fingerprinting, exact material match, “and” and “or” guidelines, optical character recognition (OCR), and authentication mechanisms such as the Luhn scan for credit cards are all features to look for in a solution.
· Require integration with on-premises DLP solutions, so that, you can conduct the first pass of detection and security in the cloud, then backhaul alleged violations to your on-premises systems via safe ICAP for further inspection.
· Use OCR to find confidential material in files, fingerprint data in documents being uploaded to cloud services, and check the guidance notification that shows. Apply security measures to the material, such as encryption, quarantine, or legal hold.
Consider CloudCodes as your cloud DLP vendor for your DLP needs. Their team of experts with many years of experience is always ready with innovative and robust solutions for Data Loss Prevention in Cloud. DLP solutions will be the perfect architecture for your organization’s needs.