SSO1 (gControl) – How It Works
SSO1 (gControl) is a SSO solution for Google Apps with enterprise security and control features to enable customers to enforce enterprise security policies on Google Apps. SSO1 (gControl) provides the ability to Google Apps admin to choose between CloudCodes Identity Service or Microsoft Active Directory Service as a Identity source for users.
The core logic of the SSO1 (gControl) is SSO which works on SAML 2.0 architecture which is a global standard for SSO. When the admin enables the SSO on Google Apps the user is forced to get redirected to SSO provider which in this case would be SSO1 (gControl) for authentication and once the user is authentication we enforce all the security and control policies defined by the admin.
Some of the key benefits of SSO1 (gControl)
- 100% Cloud based Control, Security & Identity Management for Google Apps
- No premise installation, 100% configurable via browser
- SSO1 (gControl) uses native browser functions and browser extensions to enforce these security and control functions to users
- Policy based roll out for all the features for granular control and combination
- Most of the features roll out are either transparent to users or is self serviced for easy adoption
- Delegated admin functionality to allow distributed administration of SSO1 (gControl) for Google Apps