Although the enterprises know about top cloud security risks, they also consider its benefits. Almost two-thirds of all enterprises are showing their interest in moving the business operations to the cloud sooner instead of delaying. Equinix reported that the cloud is one of the topmost considerations for IT executives in the area and, it is among the top reasons behind the growth of business worldwide – for almost half of enterprises. According to the pool of 1,200 executives across EMEA, the report states that there are 70% of respondents know about the top cloud security risks, after the cloud adoption. This is the reason due to which half of the companies are dedicated to enhancing their overall security infrastructure.
top Cloud Security Risks Faced By Companies
The survey report of the cloud security alliance described some basic issues, which are automatically coming with the adoption of online technology.
- Online Data Security – It is one of the most common cloud security risks that a company has to hold back from online adoption. In a survey, 73% of respondents showed that this situation is a big red flag for them. CSPs are the major targets of data breaches, which makes it difficult for organizations to use strategies and tactics of risk mitigation. For example – it is essential to adopt encryption and tokenization procedures in premises, before switching work on the cloud.
- Regulatory Documentation – EU GDPR, PCI DSS, HIPAA/HITECH, FISMA, GLBA, FERPA, etc., are the regulatory compliance present in today’s date. Unfortunately, one is going to address that only 38% of the organizations have a concern with how they can comply with compliance for cloud data security regulations if their information is stored online. A security leakage that results in non-compliance with a regulatory policy could result in high fines, lawsuits, loss of business, etc.
- Access Control Loss – In the cloud security alliance survey, it is being found that 38% of respondents have fear of losing the controls that make them conscious before shifting the content to online-based applications. There are numerous ways through which data loss controls can be manifested. The cloud service vendors might decide how and where the data will be stored, how frequently its backup has to be taken, which data encryption algorithm is to be used, and more. However, in case the CSP invokes the overall trust feeling, the real fact remains that the content holder is still at risk of data loss, which may occur anytime. The resultant of this incident can leave more than a third of organizations hesitant to utilize online services.
- Data Protection Officers – 34% of the organizations are not moving to the cloud bandwagon because they know the real fact that the knowledge and experience of their business managers and IT employees do not fulfill the skills required to work on cloud computing. For example – A manager with technical skills is expected to have at least basic knowledge of working on the cloud. Apart from this, if an existing working employee has the skills of managing common cloud security risks, he or she can be appointed as the data protection officer for his or her respective company.
- BCDR in Organizations – In a situation where the company losses all access to their IT architecture, what will happen then? Organizations need to plan their cloud security strategies in a way that even if cloud vendor goes out of the business, clients have their own business continuity and disaster recovery plan with them. However, such kind of scenario occurs rarely but, it occurs! This makes 28% of the respondents too much nervous about embracing cloud computing. An organization does not give up its obligation to do proper BCDR planning. It is so because they no longer have the right to operate the IT storage infrastructure, but regaining back the data from respective cloud services is their complete right.
Not to Worry When CloudCodes CASB Solution Is There
Of course, after reading the common cloud security risks in premises lots of tension might be there in your mind. People get nervous and think for a while that whether the adoption of cloud computing is the correct decision for them or not? We the team of CloudCodes want to assure readers that their decision of working online is absolutely correct. The only promise customers have to make is that they will never take security concerns to forsake. Users can adopt CloudCodes CASB service provider’s solution to achieve a comprehensive online data protection approach. It automates the measures to deal with cloud computing security challenges and overcome them. Methods like cloud DLP, access controls, Shadow IT security, MDM, Restrict use of personal accounts, etc., can be encountered in this CASB vendor. This solution is titled with one of the best cloud security service providers by more than 100 million enterprises worldwide in today’s date.